Monday, June 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat, Part Deux


You know that we can't seem to keep our hands off the crackle colors that are sooo very hot right now, and with the Sally Hansen price point and wide availability, it was a no-brainer that we had to try more colors! 

If you read our last review of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat  read here , you may recall that although we liked the crackle look, we had issues with the clumped product in the bottle, and the increasing difficulty of applying the product.  Well, here we are, giving it another shot. 

In an effort to avoid doing 4 different manicures, I decided to do a quick tween-style manicure using 4 colors: Antiqued Gold, Fuchsia Shock, Distressed Denim, and Cherry Smash, over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, and topping it all off with Sally Hansen Complete Care 4-in-1 treatment for a glossy look. 

I was advised by the super helpful beauty clerks at Walgreens that one of their customers insists that the crackles will not work properly unless used with other Sally Hansen polishes (I now wonder if that customer was a Sally Hansen rep :-)

I began by painting all 10 digits with the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On (excuse my uneven nails).  This took me back to grade school, and painting my nails with White Out or Liquid Paper!


First Up: Antiqued Gold:


Again, the brush was very thin, but this time, the lacquer was not thick and clotted.  It was thin, and applied well.  In this case, I found that I had to load the brush fully, and then apply it.  It shattered in big clumps, and was sparkly and subtle over the white.  If I had cleaned up the cuticles, it'd look pretty cool.

Next Up: Fuchsia Schock


Again, it went on thin, and crackled well.


On to the right hand, and Distressed Denim:

Hmmm.  This color was a bit thicker, and the polish in the bottle started getting thick quickly.  I'm wondering if maybe this problem is unique to the darker pigmented colors.  Crackled well. 

Last but not Least: Cherry Smash



Just like the Distressed Denim color,  this polish was thick and harder to work with, but I may have to rock this look for this upcoming 4th of July!!!

Overall, I'd say this get's a GLAMBO Kiss on the Cheek.  For me, it's a fun "something different to try" , and for my tween, it's awesome. Remember, you need to work quickly with it, and keep the bottle covered as much as possible, so as not to dry out the product in the bottle. This is especially true in dry climates and if you are in a room with a fan on!

Straight from the Sally Hansen website: Do not leave the bottle open, close tightly when not in use. Allow it to dry and seal with any Sally Hansen top coat.

(To see our previous post with Sally Hansen Violet Crackle, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...